It's been a number of days since I last posted. Things have been busy around here and I have been especially worried about the half marathon. I am proud to say, however, that I DID IT! My time wasn't fantastic, but I only walked a half a mile and I finished the race. For those of you that want to know, I finished in 2:38. Again, not a very good time...but I totally did it.
It was an interesting experience and I would love to do it again, I am not sure it will be in the near future but I will certainly keep it on my to-do list.
School has been going well, I am finding myself becoming more comfortable with the way things work within Blackrock and what the expectations are of the young lads who walk the hallowed halls everyday.
A bunch of us went out last night because one of our co-workers, Eoin (Owen), had his birthday this week. I went out for a bit but caught a taxi home early because my left leg was really sore from the race. It feels better this morning after I had the chance to rest and keep my weight off of it.
Not much else to report from Dublin...other than really boring teacher things that no one really cares about. I will try and keep my life exciting so my future posts will not be as dry as this one...
My love,
J
Jack,
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are having a great trip! Keep your head held high with these boys and know that although this is new territory over there, you are trained to do this and will make a damn fine music educator. Congrats on running a half marathon! See ya soon!!
So, so proud of you, Jackie!!! Also, I can't wait to be your neighbor upon your return!
ReplyDelete