Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday night is alright

What a lovely weekend I had. Friday night..was ok...but Saturday night I went out with Marie and Joe to see A Woman of No Importance by Oscar Wilde! What a lovely production it was. The Gate Theater was running it for the final week and I am so thrilled I had the opportunity to go. The play is magnificent and the company did a lovely job of putting it on. There are so many subtleties that they nailed on the head and I was completely overjoyed at the opportunity to go and see it. 

This morning I woke up, cleaned my apartment and found my way on my last long run before the half next week. I am beginning to get concerned but my nine miles today felt pretty good. It took me a little under two hours, so it wasn't my best time ever but I was able to get through it and feel as if I could keep going. I am hoping that the adrenaline of the run and all the people around me will help me get through to the end. It will be an incredible acomplishment for me if I can make it through to the end and I know everyone at home will be supporting me to the very end.

I found my self across the street this afternoon at the Irish Craft Beer festival at the Royal Dublin Society. Ireland is, in the craft brew world, where the states were five or six years ago. It is still a rather small business but is rapidly growing as people find that the taste is better and they get a higher quality product. It was nice to do something that reminded me of home and made me feel like the states were closer than 3400 miles away.

Another week at school begins tomorrow and just like every other start of the week I am nervous at what the next five days will bring me. I am quickly learning that time moves just as quickly here as it does at home and before I know it, I will be boarding a plane back to the U.S. I will thus, enjoy my time here as much as possible despite the fact that I miss everyone very much and I look forward to seeing everyone's smiling face upon my return.

All my love,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment