Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sundee

Happy Sundee everyone!

I hope that everyone is resting up today and getting ready for yet another work week. I just went for a run/walk through Herbert Park which is about a five minute walk from my apartment. I got about two miles in and my knees started to give out...which is terrifying seeing as I have the half coming up in two weeks (side note, I really miss my foam roller).

Tomorrow school begins! I'm slowly becoming more nervous about the thought of teaching here. I knew I would be in the classroom here, but I don't think it hit me until today that I will actually be standing in front of students in two days. I know it will be a great experience that I will walk away from it a better educator, but it's still a little unnerving.

Went to our local pub yesterday, which really is just like Cheers, and watched an all Ireland hurling semi-final. Hurling is insane and if you have never heard about it or seen how it is played you must Google it immediately. I had never given any thought to the speed in which sports are played, but after watching the way sporting events are played here, American sports look like molasses! The four of us got tickets for the all Ireland football (gaelic football, which is neither "grid-iron" football nor soccer) semi-final between co. Dublin and co. Mayo. That game is at Páirc an Chrócaigh (Croke Park) which was a stadium built only for indigenous sports. This mostly means that no British games can be played here because people here REALLY don't like anything British...at all. We are so excited to go to this game as it is such a tradition within the country AND co. Dublin is playing in the match.

I hope everyone finds a beautiful day in whatever part of the States they are in. In case any of you are not on Instagram or you don't follow me, I'll post some nice pictures of the park that I took on me walk this morning.

Love,
-j

No comments:

Post a Comment