Day two is now halfway over. I am really enjoying Dublin, the buildings are all small and the area is not very densely populated which makes traveling within the country easy and not overwhelming. Despite prior belief...there is coffee...just about everywhere. It isn't commonplace coffee, but it gets me through the day just the same.
The one thing that is different than what I had expected, the people are not as nice as I thought they would be. Usually when I ask questions oon the street I get a rather quizzical look followed by a response laced with "ugh, silly Americans".
I am headed into city centre today in order to get a map. It is very strange how accustomed I have become to using my phone as a way of finding places and for pretty much everything. After having a smartphone it is really hard to go back to not having one. I am also meeting Jordan's dissertation chair today! Her name is Marie Martin and we met during her stay in Pittsburgh. Jordan had given her my information and her husband and her decided to come to Dublin for the day. I will be meeting them in a few hours and look forward to spending some time with them and getting the Irish scoop.
P.S. any ideas on how to get it home?
No comments:
Post a Comment